Tested Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Cookies
I made some pretty lofty goals for this month and while I’ll stick to some, I realized that some are unreasonable-losing 15lbs in the next 8 weeks could prove difficult. I’ll do what I can, but if I don’t make it, I won’t be too disappointed.
Eating primal treats once a week is another goal that I’m unsure about. When I described that goal, I really had ice cream in mind. I can make some pretty killer primal coconut ice cream and I have access to awesome frozen yogurt. I was getting out of control with those treats…
This week, I made some primal cookies and I haven’t eaten them wildly (yet). The ingredients started a thought process. The ingredients are all primal. The carb count is relatively low. I’m not having any overeating triggers from the cookies. Why am I limiting my consumption to one a week? I’m not saying I’m going to eat all 22 in one sitting, but why not one a day?
Again, I think my point in setting that goal was to decrease my frozen treat consumption. & I’m having success with that goal.
Civilized Caveman is a genius who loves his BBQ. I use at least one recipe of his each week. This week, one of the recipes was his Apple Cinnamon Cookies. They’re delicious, but not addictive-ly sweet.
Apple Cinnamon Cookies2c gala apples, chopped 2c raw almonds 1c unsweetened, shredded coconut 1 Tbsp cinnamon 2 tsp vanilla 2 tsp coconut oil melted 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
- Place all ingredients except your eggs in a food processor, pulse it until the pieces are small but still a little chunky.
- Combine that mixture with the eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well
- Using your hands, form the mixture into “patties” and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I made smaller “patties” and ended up with 22 cookies.
- Bake until done, around 30 Minutes